Friday 26 November 2010

Creature Comforts


I haven't got a cat because my partner is allergic to them. And we don't have a dog because our courtyard garden is too small. So there are no four-legged friends to welcome me home, no furry fluff balls to snuggle up to on the sofa... There is also no smelly pet food, hairs on the sofa, chewed shoes and other assorted unmentionables that go with being a pet owner.
As you can see I have mixed feelings about pets, but I do understand that they give a lot of people a lot of love and comfort. Which is why I got excited this week when I read about Cat Cafes in Japan, where you pay by the hour to sip tea and play with cats. Genius! You can read more about it here http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/japan/090406/tokyos-cat-cafes. Maybe we'll have cat cafes in the UK soon? Purr-fect...

1 comment:

  1. I was really worried for a moment that the Japanese cafes have Persian, Siamese, tabby etc on the menu! Phew! Great idea though - aah! :-)

    ReplyDelete