Wednesday 22 December 2010

Baby, it's cold outside

It's snowing heavily outside and everywhere is quiet. No sounds of traffic or footsteps, as the big white blanket places everything on 'mute'. I'm taking a minute to appreciate how lovely that is, as I try to drown out the worrying voice inside my head that is saying "You've got to drive 160 miles to conduct a funeral tomorrow" and "Will all my family be able to make it Christmas Day?" And I'm still missing two parcels...
I'm doing my best to evoke positivity, and that's something I need to put at the top of my list of New Year's Resolutions. I saw a great example of extremely positive thinking this week – Frank Sinatra's epitaph on his memorial stone reads 'The best is yet to come'. That really is being optimistic in the face of adversity! Obviously its meaning is more subtle than that. But it's a rosy belief I'm taking with me into 2011.
Wherever you are this Christmas, I hope you all (that's my four lovely followers and anyone else who has stumbled upon me the last couple of months!) have a wonderful time and that 2011 is everything you hope for. In the meantime, I'll leave you with my favourite festive joke...
Two snowmen in a field. One says to the other "Can you smell carrots?"
Happy Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I loooooooove that joke too! Makes me laugh out loud everytime. See you Boxing day - it'll be fine I don't think anymore snow is predicted. Good luck tomorrow. xxx

    ReplyDelete