Wednesday 26 January 2011

I've thrown my comfort blanket out of my pram...

I do try to face each day with an air of serenity and calmness. I was doing quite well so far this week, considering I'm really busy and working with several families who are each, in their own little way, being a tad difficult. And I'm not being insensitive to their grief, you understand. I also have one or two very sad stories on the go and it's requiring some effort on my part not to get too 'wrung dry' by them.
So a challenging week under any circumstances. Then my recently-purchased printer stops working. So that gets shipped back and a new one on order. Then my phone starts playing up, and in an effort to get it sorted today I spend a total of three hours trying to get help from my phone provider. In the course of their 'help' the total contents of my phone - contacts, pics etc. get wiped off forever. They can't be retrieved. I load it all back on over the course of the afternoon. It all gets wiped off again. As at 9.57pm, I'm still re-entering my contacts. One... by... one...
So, as a result, I'm livid, tired, behind with work, feeling guilty that my OH spent his evening helping me sort it all out after his own hard day at work, and I have polished off half a pack of chocolate biscuits.
However, I do feel better for having shared my moany old thoughts with y'all. Normal, cheery service to resume shortly...

7 comments:

  1. Ghastly. We all know the mix: exasperation, fury, panic, pleading, persistence, despair. Sounds a bit Kubler Ross-ish. And if it's any consolation to have someone drop in and say, 'I know how you feel,' I know how you feel.

    The problem is, we can't go back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a hug. You need it. Hope tomorrow is a lot better. Why do these things happen during the most demanding periods of work? The law of the sod, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Charles for that much-appreciated consolation. I wonder at the fact that I can calmly face a room full of 200 mourners but if a gadget is under-performing I completely go to pieces. But how can I change the world if my Wonder Woman outfit is too tight from comfort eating and my phone won't let me call the Pentagon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you GM. I hate to use my blog as a sort of "Dear Diary... crap day" affair. But it had the desired effect of comfort in sharing. Muchos gracias...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got that off your chest Miss comfy. As they say "a problem shared is a problem halved". A bit of spleen venting is good. Hope you have a better day today. S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so sympathise!

    I too have had a week of "curly" funerals and IT failures (mine needed a new computer in the end, my peace of mind required it).

    May peace and serenity be returned to all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you XP and welcome! Serenity will return in full when my replacement phone arrives this week. Allegedly...

    ReplyDelete