Monday 10 January 2011

My old man

Among the many (repeatable) ways to refer to the love in your life, is the phrase 'other half'. It's one of the most emotive descriptions, I think, implying you are incomplete without them. Remember that tissue-grabbing scene in the film Jerry Maguire where he says "you complete me"? Not a dry eye in the house...
Well, please indulge me for a moment, as I pay tribute to my Other Half, who is away on the other side of the Atlantic for the next two weeks. He is a great support and comfort to me, and I couldn't do the work I do without seeing his smiley face at the end of the day. In the words of singer Joni Mitchell "the bed's too big, the frying pan's too wide". OK. Schmaltz over...

3 comments:

  1. No schmaltz, CB, underneath all the jokes and silly aliases, I feel just the same.(Not about your other half, I hasten to add, about mine...)
    For the next fortnight, I am prepared to allow you some daily time not in the present moment, just to look forward and count down. Have a good fortnight.
    (Do like your pics.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. arrrrrr! Bless................ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you GM and ric-rac! Funnily enough I've just realised, although I chose that pic because my OH is incognito, it was taken on the west coast of Scotland, so that is actually the Atlantic ocean. I love it when a plan comes together...

    ReplyDelete